2022 Event Structure
In 2022, a community will once again rally behind a celebrity golf challenge and continue to honour the legacy of Jordan Boyd – while raising critical funds to continue moving the needle forward in inherited heart disease research at the QEII.
The event structure will adapt to comply with any current Provincial Government COVID-19 protocols and will abide by any restrictions that are in place at the time of the event. The health and safety of our participants, volunteers and our community is our top priority.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON EVENT DAY:
- Upon arrival at the Chester Golf Club, all participants will be required to check in at the Welcome Tent
- At check-in, Team Captains will be responsible for obtaining their designated shotgun schedule, assigned start holes and cart number
- Once you have checked in, you can proceed to your assigned cart and drop off your golf bag and other personal items
- The Welcome BBQ, presented by CIBC, will take place on the deck of the clubhouse between 11:30 am–12:45 pm following check-in
- We will be holding brief Opening Ceremonies prior to the shotgun start
- Shotgun start will take place at 1:00 pm — two teams will tee off at one hole, and each team will be assigned a 1st or 2nd position at their designated start hole
- Your 18-hole experience will be equipped with snacks, hydration, restrooms, entertainment and so much more
- Following the round of golf, you will make your way back to our big top tent, where there will be a cocktail reception and live musical entertainment prior to our Celebrity Dinner
- Our Celebrity Dinner will feature awards and prizes, a celebrity panel and Q&A period, a three-course steak dinner and our grand total fundraising announcement
*No alcoholic beverages other than those provided by the Club or Event are permitted anywhere on the premises. Any participants not adhering to these rules will be asked to leave the Club immediately and will be subject to disciplinary action.
- All teams will have a designated hole where they begin their round. They will receive this information at check-in.
- Teams will be assigned a starting hole with a shotgun start.
- Appropriate golf slacks or shorts must be no more than six inches above the knee. Culottes, skirts, dresses and skorts are also acceptable, which must be a maximum of eight inches above the knee.
- Collared shirts are preferred; however, mock neck shirts with a collar band of at least 1½ inches are acceptable. Ladies may wear a mock style collar and a sleeveless shirt. Designer shirts may be worn untucked; however, bare midriffs are not acceptable. Tank tops are not permitted.
- Collared and mock neck shirts must be tucked in at all times with the exception of shirts having a straight-cut, finished hem and a full-buttoned front.
- Appropriate footwear for golf must be worn on the golf course. Golf sandals are acceptable with or without socks.
- A soft spikes only policy is in effect.
- No alcoholic beverages other than those provided by the Club or Event are permitted anywhere on the premises. The Club reserves the right to examine the contents of golf bags and other items for personal alcohol.
- Any participants not adhering to these rules will be asked to leave the Club immediately and will be subject to disciplinary action. Any participant not adhering to these rules must leave the property immediately and future access to the Club will be at the discretion of the Club Management.
- The Club assumes no liability for any injury, wrongdoing, or problem caused by the breach of these rules.
CARE & FEEDING:
- Your round will be equipped with snacks, lunch, hydration, restrooms, entertainment and more.
- Please remember to use your own water bottle, to reduce the spread of germs.
- We will have hydration stations along the course for you to stay hydrated throughout the day.
- At the end of everyone’s round, we will be hosting a Celebrity Dinner at the Chester Golf Course.
- The Celebrity Dinner will feature a celebrity panel featuring professional hockey players, and celebrities alike.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top fundraising team, winning team, and more.
- The dinner will include cuisine, beverages and musical entertainment.