2021 Event Structure
In 2021, a community will rally behind a new celebrity golf challenge and continue to honour the legacy of Jordan Boyd – while raising critical funds to continue moving the needle forward in inherited heart disease research at the QEII. The following event structure was developed for the Jordan Boyd Celebrity Golf Challenge powered by CIBC to deliver a safe and epic event experience for our participants in 2021 amid COVID-19. The event structure will adapt to comply with any current Provincial Government protocols and will abide by any restrictions that are in place at the time of the event. The health and safety of our participants, volunteers and our community is our top priority. Our logistics team has conducted a thorough review of all in-person operations for this year’s Jordan Boyd Celebrity Golf Challenge powered by CIBC. We have examined the event experience in full; starting with the very first touchpoint at our event welcome and registration, all the way through to the bus ride home to Halifax from Chester on July 29, 2021. In developing this event structure, we have consulted with industry contacts including Canadian Sport Tourism Alliance National COVID-19 Recovery Task Force and others.
MANDATORY COVID-19 FORM:
In an effort to reduce the transmission of COVID-19, all participants are required to fill out a questionnaire and waiver before entering our Jordan Boyd Celebrity Golf Challenge event grounds at the Chester Golf Club. Please complete this short questionnaire to ensure your presence on our event grounds does not pose risk to our event and community. This information will not be used for any other purpose outside of public health protocols with regards to our event. Please complete this form before arrival to our event grounds:
WHAT TO EXPECT ON EVENT DAY:
- Upon arrival at the Chester Golf Club, all participants will be required to check in at the Welcome Tent
- At check-in, Team Captains will be responsible for obtaining their designated shotgun schedule, assigned start holes and cart number
- Once you have checked in, you can proceed to your assigned cart and drop off your golf bag and other personal items
- The Welcome BBQ, presented by CIBC will take place on the deck of the clubhouse between 11:30 am–12:45 pm following check-in
- We will be holding brief Opening Ceremonies prior to the shotgun start
- Shotgun start will take place at 1:00 pm — two teams will tee off at one hole, and each team will be assigned a 1st or 2nd position at their designated start hole
- Your 18 hole experience will be equipped with snacks, hydration, restrooms, entertainment and so much more
- Following the round of golf, you will make your way back to our big top tent, where there will be a cocktail reception and live musical entertainment prior to our Celebrity Dinner
- Our Celebrity Dinner, proudly sponsored by Kolhtech, will feature awards and prizes, a celebrity panel and Q&A period, a three-course steak dinner and our grand total fundraising announcement
*No alcoholic beverages other than those provided by the Club or Event are permitted anywhere on the premises. Any participants not adhering to these rules will be asked to leave the Club immediately and will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Upon arrival at the Chester Golf Course, all participants will be required to check in at the welcome tent.
- All participants will be required to sign a COVID-19 waiver to participant in the event.
- A cart will be issued to all participants at check-in, two participants per team will share a cart.
- All teams will have a designated hole where they begin their round. They will receive this information at check-in.
- The event grounds will be capped at the provincial gathering limit that is in place at that time, this includes participants, volunteers and other event personnel.
- Exact details regarding the location of the event grounds entrance, parking and drop-off area near event grounds will be communicated to all participants closer to event day.
- Teams will be assigned a starting hole with a shotgun start.
- Appropriate golf slacks or shorts must be no more than six inches above the knee. Culottes, skirts, dresses and skorts are also acceptable, which must be a maximum of eight inches above the knee.
- Collared shirts are preferred; however, mock neck shirts with a collar band of at least 1½ inches are acceptable. Ladies may wear a mock style collar and a sleeveless shirt. Designer shirts may be worn untucked; however, bare midriffs are not acceptable. Tank tops are not permitted.
- Collared and mock neck shirts must be tucked in at all times with the exception of shirts having a straight-cut, finished hem and a full-buttoned front.
- Appropriate footwear for golf must be worn on the golf course. Golf sandals are acceptable with or without socks.
- A soft spikes only policy is in effect.
- No alcoholic beverages other than those provided by the Club or Event are permitted anywhere on the premises. The Club reserves the right to examine the contents of golf bags and other items for personal alcohol.
- Any participants not adhering to these rules will be asked to leave the Club immediately and will be subject to disciplinary action. Any participant not adhering to these rules must leave the property immediately and future access to the Club will be at the discretion of the Club Management.
- The Club assumes no liability for any injury, wrongdoing, or problem caused by the breach of these rules.
- All participants will be required to physical distance throughout the day (6 feet apart).
- If you are unable to maintain the 6-foot distance, you will be required to wear a mask.
CARE & FEEDING:
- Your round will be equipped with snacks, lunch, hydration, restrooms, entertainment and more.
- Please remember to use your own water bottle, to reduce the spread of germs. All participants will receive a water bottle in their SWAG bag.
- We will have hydration stations along the course for you to stay hydrated throughout the day.
- At the end of everyone’s round, we will be hosting a Celebrity Dinner at the Chester Golf Course.
- The Celebrity Dinner will feature a celebrity panel featuring professional hockey players, and celebrities alike.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top fundraising team, winning team, and more.
- The dinner will include cuisine, beverages and musical entertainment.
- Only participants will have access to the Celebrity Dinner. The location will be indoors or outdoors under a big top tent depending on the Provincial Government capacity limitations and guidelines at the time of the event.
OTHER THINGS PARTICIPANTS CAN EXPECT TO SEE:
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed near high touch surface areas.
- Event personnel and volunteers will be equipped with personal protective equipment (masks, gloves and hand sanitizer).
- Increased communication leading up to the event about COVID-19 safety protocols and what participants need to know for event day.
- Signage at the start, on course, and dinner area reminding everyone of physical distancing.
We are monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and following provincial guidelines closely. Jordan Boyd Celebrity Golf Challenge powered by CIBC will follow all current provincial guidelines and our 2021 event structure is subject to change at any time.